Sunday 16 October 2016

Learning in the Making reflection

Learning in the Making!!!
Last Friday our school got to have a create make kind of day. It was our 3rd annual Learning in the making conference. The conference is a day to explore new learning  and make it a bit funner. A lot of preparation went into the conference and lots of planning. We had to sell our workshop to everyone who had that booklet, Lara and I were running a workshop so we had to sell it and that took a bit of planning and hard work.
 We started our morning by having a 2 key speakers. The Yr 1-3 had Mrs Barker and she read a book and Mr Osborne talked to the year 4-8 about jobs in the future etc. After talking to Mr Osborne we headed to our first breakout. My first break out was Drama. I was in a group with Ayisha, Emma and Myself. We performed a couple of skits and then it was time to go.

We had morning tea then I headed to my next breakout. For the next breakout I was doing Fun with felt and buttons with Mrs Heaven. We all made flowers and we attached them to either a Hair Tie, Clip, bookmark or a bracelet. I choose to make mine into a bookmark. I cut out the felt then sewed it all together. Then I chose a button to put on to and sewed that one. Now I got some more felt and made a bookmark and sewed it all together.

When the workshop was over I had Lunch and got ready for my next workshop. After lunch Lara and I were making some cool 3D creations with the years 1-3. We did quite well with the first group but with the second group they just seemed to be mucking around a lot, so they didn’t get theirs finished. Some I took them home and finished them over the weekend.

Next year if we got to have some different workshops I would probably say an amazing race around the school would be awesome. The learning in the making conference is an amazing opportunity for all the students and teachers to learn new things. The best part about all of this is that we are the only school in New Zealand to get to do this so we are pretty lucky. I can’t wait till next year to hopefully have another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment