Monday 8 May 2017

Hauraki Plains Netball Representative

A photo we got with Alex!! 😀
On Saturday I trialed for the Year 8 Hauraki plains Rep team. I had to wake up semiyearly so I could get ready for my trial. When we got down there we saw Magic player Alex MacLeod Smith. A couple months ago we watched the Magic play the Mystics, we were getting a photo with Bailey Mes and Alex photo bombed. I said to Lara I think that's our photo bomber and it turns out it was. Alex had the job of warming us up. She got us to jun on the baseline and run to the end and a back a couple of times. The we did some stretches then played netball tag. Netball tag is when you are playing netball rules but you need to tag the opposition by touching them with the ball gently. After that it was time for us to trial. When we trialed they put me in Gs and GA. I personally didn’t think that I was going to get in because I felt like that trial wasn’t my best.


Today when I arrived at school my friends told me that the rep teams were up and to look at them. I found out that I got into the rep team. Most of the girls in my team I already play with some I think that could be a bonus. Being in reps it requires you to travel to different tournaments in different towns to play different teams. Last year some of the tournaments we played were Matamata, Taupo, Waihi, Thames, Ngatea and Morrinsville. We should be playing at some of the same tournaments as last year. I hope we end up having a really good season. One goal I want to try and achieve is to win 1 game because last year we couldn’t win 1 game. I’m so excited to be in the rep team and I can’t wait until we start playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment